We are seeking a Chartered Landscape Architect (CMLI) to join our Landscape, Masterplanning & Urban Design team in our London studio.
Do you want to be part of an employee-owned, multi award- winning architecture practice that’s desire is to make spaces and places that improve lives?
We are a national practice but with strong regional connections where all studios work collaboratively as one which is fundamental to our success. Some of our recent accolades include:
- 44 in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Mid-Size Companies to work for 2021
- AJ100 Employer of the Year 2020
- Building Architectural Practice of the Year 2020
We are seeking a Chartered Landscape Architect (CMLI) to join our Landscape, Masterplanning & Urban Design team in our London studio. The successful candidate will work with our inspiring architectural team, within an integrated design approach on a variety of projects across our sectors, which vary in scale and complexity. Our award-winning schemes have included:
- The Concourse, Public Realm, Sheffield – Civic Trust Awards Regional Finalist;
- Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh;
- The Movement Public Realm, Greenwich; and
- RIBA Home 2030 Design Competition- Finalist.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work as part of a team as well as independently. A self-motivated-motivated and enthusiastic candidate, with a passion design and for client satisfaction.
Key candidate requirements include undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Landscape Architecture, a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute with the equivalent of 3 years post Chartership experience within the UK and will exhibit the following skills:
- Experience in working on projects in the UK and understanding of UK Legislation;
- Proven experience as a Project Leader, working across several projects and in multi-disciplinary team environments;
- Excellent design skills;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation;
- Proven specification writing capability using NBS software;
- Good client relationship and business development capability;
- Understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM);
- Excellent CAD skills in Revit, ArchiCAD, Vectorworks or AutoCAD;
- Experience across all the RIBA workstages 0-7;
- Excellent graphic skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop;
- Excellent report writing skills using Adobe InDesign; and
- Ability to mentor and support other members of the team through project development and Pathway to Chartership.
The following skills would be desirable although not essential
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA) experience
- Heritage Lottery Funding experience
- Desired horticulture experience
We offer a blended work model with a flexible approach to studio and remote working, along with a friendly studio environment, an award-winning lifestyle package, and a commitment to your personal development through the HLM Academy.
Diversity, inclusion and belonging (DIB) is at the core of our business. We advocate equal opportunities, creating an inclusive working environment for all. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different mode please contact our HR team for assistance.
If you think this role could be for you, please send your CV, examples of your work and a Personal Statement (1 side A4 max) outlining how you fulfil the above criteria to:-
HLM Architects is an equal opportunities employer, please click here