We are seeking to recruit a senior position in the business to help develop and implement our strategy for MMC and technical delivery of digital processes to support this.
Do you want to be part of a multi award-winning architecture practice that’s desire is to make spaces and places that improve lives?
We are a national practice but with strong regional connections and all studios work collaboratively as one which is fundamental to our success. Ranked the 33rd largest practice in the UK this year, other recent accolades include:
- AJ100 Employer of the Year 2020
- Architectural Practice of the Year 2020
- Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to work for 2019
This is a significant role with national reach across our five studios, reporting directly to the Board and can be based at any of our 5 UK Studios (Sheffield, Glasgow, London, Cardiff or Belfast)
HLM Architects has a long history of delivering MMC solutions and most recently have committed to a ‘Think:Offsite First’ philosophy to delivering design solutions for our clients. We passionately believe that the construction industry needs to embrace manufacturing principles in order to improve environmental sustainability, quality, cost surety, speed and safety.
The role will encompass the following key activities:
- Working alongside our Design, Technical, and Digital Directors to develop and implement a strategic approach to MMC delivery;
- Develop appropriate and efficient delivery approaches to our technical output;
- Leading the implementation of agreed MMC and associated digital delivery approaches to each of our sectors;
- Overseeing transfer of knowledge and standardisation of design and technical approaches across our Studios;
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the industry, its threats and opportunities;
- Report to Board Directors on innovation approaches;
- Develop R+D initiatives that drive innovation across the practice in this arena;
- Provide an external voice on MMC and digital construction, offering Thought Leadership;
- Ensure that the business is at the cutting edge of BIM technology and digital construction.
The role will initially be at Associate level with the potential to become a key figure in the senior Leadership Team. We are NOT seeking a BIM Manager. This is a strategic appointment into a new space in the design industry, straddling digital construction in all aspects across manufacturing and design technology. You will be a key spokesperson for the practice and drive innovation.
We have no preconceptions regarding the experience or qualifications of the successful candidate who may come from a construction, design, manufacturing or research background.
We also offer an award-winning lifestyle package, flexible working, and a commitment to your personal development through the HLM Academy.
Please reply with CV and examples of your work to:
HLM Architects is an equal opportunities employer, please click here